XRCE people and their work is consistently recognized by business, industry and the scientific community. Below are some examples.
Learn more about what we're proud of in About
- A very close 2nd in Financial Entity Identification and Information Integration Challenge (FEIII) in Data Science
- Best Full Paper at the 7th International Learning Analytics and Knowledge Conference (LAK'17) in collaboration with UTC Sydney for the paper 'Reflective Writing Analytics for Actionable Feedback', Gibson, A., Aitken, A., Sándor, Á., Buckingham Shum, S., Tsingos-Lucas, Ch. and Knight, S.
- "Unsupervised Domain Adaptation with Regularized Domain Instance Denoising", Gabriela Csurka, Boris Chidlovskii, Stephane Clinchant and Sofia Michel received one of the two best paper awards at the ECCV TASK-CV workshop (machine learning, computer vision).
- ECCV 2016 Best reviewer award, Diane Larlus.
- Partnership Award: Cerema rewards Xerox for its Xerox Vehicle Passenger Detection system (VPDS) (computer vision, transportation).
- SemEval, Aspect Based Sentiment Analysis evaluation challenge - XRCE 1st on Polarity Detection (natural language processing).
- Monica Beltrametti, Xerox Chief Services Research Officer, VP and Director of Xerox Research Centre Europe nominated by Industrie and Technologies magazine as one of the 50 people in France who make innovation happen.
- Best paper award at ICSOFT-PT 2015 on 'Semantic Version Management based on Formal Certification' by
Jean-Yves Vion-Dury and Nikolaos Lagos (data governance, information system modeling).
- Air Liquide European Suppliers Challenge. Xerox was recognised for its innovative service technology Print Awareness Tool (ethnography, data analytics).
- Environmental LEADER award for Xerox Print Awareness Tool and Dynamic Pricing for Parking in Merge® (ethnography, data analytics, machine learning, data analytics, transportation).
- ITS Awards Finalists, Best New Innovative Product, Service or Application: Xerox Vehicle Passenger Detection System (computer vision, transportation).
- International Road Federation named Xerox’s Merge dynamic parking pricing as a winner of the 2014 Global Road Achievement Awards (machine learning, mechanism design, data analytics, transportation).
- Fortune, 2014 Big Data all-stars.
- ImageClef Domain Adaptation Challenge: 1st in international benchmarking challenge (machine learning, computer vision).
- International Parking Institute, Award for Excellence for LA Express Park: Xerox Innovation Group, Pricing Engine Developer (machine learning and optimization).
- International Transportation Forum, Promising Transport Innovation Award for Xerox dynamic pricing (machine learning and optimization).
- SemEval, Aspect Based Sentiment Analysis evaluation challenge (natural language processing).
- Best Demo award Learning Analytics and Knowledge Conference or XIP Dashboard Visual Analytics of Academic Writing (natural language processing).
- ECCV 2014 Outstanding Reviewer Award, Florent Perronnin.
- International Fine-grained image classification challenge FGComp with INRIA (computer vision)
- MIT 50 most disruptive companies - LA parking (machine learning, mechanism design, data analytics, transportation)
- Best paper award at ACM ICTIR'13 'A Theoretical Analysis of Pseudo Relevance Feedback Model' by Stéphane Clinchant and Eric Gaussier
- 2012 European META award for XFST (natural language processing)
- Premier Innovation award for FactSpotter detecting Hospital Acquired Infections (natural language processing)
- Imagenet benchmarking challenge in image classification - ILSVRC11 (computer vision)
- Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award for software - Next Generation Help Desk (ethnography, user experience)
- Winner of TSIA (Technology Services Industry Association) for Maintenance Assistance on the device. (ethnography, natural language processing)
- CategoriX 1st in LegalTREC benchmark (natural language processing, text categorization)
- Hybrid categorizer 1st in image annotation, wikipedia image retrieval & medical image retrieval (computer vision, natural language processing)
- Nomination for best paper award at SIGIR'10 for Information Based Model for ad hoc information retrieval, by Stéphane Clinchant and Eric Gaussier (natural language processing)
- Winner of 2 tracks of international ImageCLEF Evaluation (computer vision and natural language processing)
- Winner PASCAL Image Segmentation Competition (computer vision)
- 1st in ImageCLEF Photoretrieval task for the third consecutive year (computer vision, natural language processing)
- Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation awards Image and Text categorization (computer vision and natural language processing)
- 1st in EASY evaluation of parsing technologies Xerox Incremental Parser (natural language processing)
- 1st in TREC filtering and routing track for CategoriX (natural language processing)