The Text processing & Interaction group in ADL brings together competencies in text mining, user interaction & design, and advanced engineering, in order to prototype and transfer technologies to Xerox business groups and customers.
The main focus for this internship is on the development of specific language resources and tools for application to CV mining in the Human Resources domain: the goal is to contribute to the development of a system for supporting recruiters in the review of applicants’ CVs received for a published job vacancy. The candidate will have the possibility to work on some of the following tasks in collaboration with other team members:
Generating Linguistic Resources
- generate linguistic resources for semantic relatedness such as semantic taxonomy
- exploit public corpora and free databases, to build linguistic resources
Mining Candidate Personality Traits
- investigate the state of the art in related fields such as psycho-linguistics or social-linguistics to understand possible relationships between specific personal expressions (syntax, word usage, etc) and personality traits of the candidates
- develop tools for parsing resume text contents to detect specific personal expressions such as usage of pronouns, passive/active form, etc
The candidate will contribute to the design of annotation schemes and corpora annotation as part of the above tasks. You will be part of a team of developers and researchers, on a project managed with an agile methodology.
- Master Student or PhD
- Knowledge/practice of an Annotation Tool e.g. Brat or other
- Experience in developing linguistic resources
- Experience in using scripting languages (e.g. Python, Perl). Practice of JAVA is a plus
- Knowledge of some Natural Language Processing tools, (e.g. Named Entity Recognizers, Syntactic Parsers, POS taggers, CRF, etc.)
- Verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of XML, or other structured format is a plus
- Knowledge in Machine Learning (e.g. Deep learning), Ontology/Semantic web are a plus
To submit an application, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please specify "CV Mining for Selection in Hiring Processes" in your subject line.
Discover in this video what it’s like to work at Xerox Research Centre Europe.
Xerox Research Centre Europe (XRCE) is a young, dynamic research organization, which creates innovative technologies to support growth in Xerox business process outsourcing and document management services businesses.
Our domains of research stretch from the social sciences to computer science. We have renowned expertise in machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision, ethnography and services computing.
XRCE is part of the Xerox Innovation group made up of 650 researchers and engineers in four world-renowned research and technology centres. Our goal is to make Xerox a great place to work. Through a comprehensive set of employee-focused initiatives, we promote diversity by nurturing a culture of inclusion and opportunity, and through measurable actions.
Xerox complies with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) guidelines. Xerox does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, gender identity or individuals with a disability. Our main building is compliant with the AGEFIPH standards for disabled access.
The Grenoble site is set in a park in the heart of the French Alps in a stunning location only a few kilometers from the city centre. The city of Grenoble has a large scientific community made up of national research institutes (CNRS, Universities, INRIA) and private industries. Stimulated also by the presence of a large student community, Grenoble has become a resolutely modern city, with a rich heritage and a vibrant cultural scene. It is a lively and cosmopolitan place, offering a host of leisure opportunities. Winter sports resorts just half an hour from campus and three natural parks at the city limits make running, skiing, trekking, climbing and paragliding easily available.
Grenoble is close to both the Swiss and Italian borders.
AEPI, the Grenoble-Isere Economic Development Agency: "Grenoble-Isere, the place to innovate, where the only limit is your imagination."
Xerox Search Opportunities