Researcher: Machine Learning Scientist
The Machine Learning for Services area of the Xerox Research Centre Europe (XRCE) is looking for an experienced scientist in the field of machine learning. The successful candidate will contribute – in collaboration with the rest of the team – to the invention, development and benchmarking of machine learning methods within a team which has strong focus on statistical relational learning, automatic dialog systems, analysis of spatio-temporal and network data, domain adaptation/transfer learning, and mechanism design, with presence in prestigious conferences and collaborations with other top academic institutions worldwide.
As corporate researchers we believe in a model which pursues top-quality research in machine learning and targets top-tier conferences and journal publications, and at the same time where this research is aligned and enriched by challenging industrial problems related to Xerox’ business. Therefore, the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to contribute – in collaboration with our development teams – to the transfer of these technologies to the Xerox business units. Potential areas of application of our technologies include transportation, customer care or print services.
Possibilities of collaborating with other XRCE areas focusing on computer vision, text understanding and machine translation are encouraged, as well as taking advantage of our network of collaboration with external institutions.
- Ph.D. degree in machine learning, statistics, or related field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in machine learning research and/or related fields.
- Strong publication track record in major machine learning conferences and journals.
- Strong development skills.
- Solid communication skills in English.
- Highly motivated and interested in the impact of research in real-world applications.
- Experience in corporate research or evidence of participation and leadership of transfer projects