- deep learning
- artificial intelligence
- machine learning
- data analytics
- data and process modeling
Principal Scientist in Machine Learning. PhD in Computer Science from Kiev State University, Ukraine (1990). Joined XRCE in 1996. Research interests include data management, data mining, machine learning, large scale analysis, social networking.
- 1996-2000 Constraint Based Knowledge Brokers project on data integration from heterogeneous corporate and Web resources. We developed techniques for the query mapping and translation, the mechanism of semantic cache for the efficient query processing, and the wrapper generation for Web resources.
- 1999-2003, Iwrap project on the induction of Web wrappers. The Iwrap combined methods of grammatical inference with the active learning, it offers a GUI-based interface for inferring wrapper instances from a small number of annotations. The wrapper designer was a core component of the AskOnce content integration platform, commercialized by Xerox in 2000 and acquired by Documentum in 2004. The analysis of commercial deployment of AskOnce wrappers during the 2003-2005 period has been published in ACM SIGMOD'2006.
- In 2002-2004, we developed the Web Information Discovery prototype for the automatic discovery of the Hidden Web resources.
- 2007-2009: Atash project on the semantic annotation of layout-oriented documents and their conversion to XML.
- 2009-2012: Fragrances project on the dynamics analysis and predictive models for social media sharing.
- Other projects I contributed to are the Knowledge Pump personalized recommendation system, the schema induction for XML collections and the Intelligent Adviser for authoring XML documents.
Current projects: Fragrances, SHAMAN
All publications since 1997 are in the XRCE publication database.