- data and process modeling
- collaborative technology
I currently work in the Work Practice Technology group.
Before joining XRCE in 1995 in the Coordination Technology group, I was involved in research activities on coordination models and languages at the University of Bologna, in Italy, which is also my native country.
I received a laurea degree in Computer Science from the University of Pisa in 1993.
- adaptive work processes and practices
- interaction mechanisms and semi-automatic support to work processes
- coordination models and languages
Main projects and activities I have been involved in
- Remote Call Assistant (see publications after 2003 for more details)
- Negoware: Xplore, AllianceNet, E-Alliance
- XFolders, CLF
- "Enhancing Coordination and Modularity Mechanisms for a Language with Objects-as-Multisets'', in Proc. of the First Int. Conf. COORDINATION'96, pp. 81-106, vol. 1061 LNCS, Springer, Cesena, Italy, 1996.
- "Shade'', S. Castellani and P. Ciancarini, Technical Report UBLCS-? Comp. Science Laboratory, Univ. of Bologna, Italy, 1995.
- "Formalizing coordination mechanisms for a language with objects-as-multiset'', S. Castellani, P. Ciancarini, and R. Pareschi, ``The Logical Foundations of Object-Oriented Programming'' workshop, ECOOP'94, Bologna, Italy, 1994.
- "Exploring the Coordination Space with LO'', S. Castellani and P. Ciancarini, Technical Report UBLCS-6 Comp. Science Laboratory, Univ. of Bologna, Italy, 1994.
- "Comparative Semantics for LO''}, S. Castellani and P. Ciancarini, Technical Report UBLCS-5 Comp. Science Laboratory, Univ. of Bologna, Italy, 1994.
- "Marrying LO with SP'', S. Castellani, P. Ciancarini, and S. Pompei, in Proc. of the Workshop on Blackboard-based Logic Programming, pp. 21-26, ed. F. De Boesschere, J. Jacquet e P.Torau, Budapest, Hungary, 1993.
XRCE publications (after 1996)