We work with our Transportation Services business, the world's largest government provider of Intelligent Transport Solutions, and with cities around the world to apply and pilot our research with real data on real problems.
Today, there are 22 megacities of more than 10 million people and in the next 10 years there will be 37. Providing energy, clean water, sanitation and transportation systems to these megacities is both a challenge and a necessity. Cities will have to successfully manage traffic flows, land use and pollution to be attractive places to live and encourage economic growth.
XRCE city partners include:
CEREMA, SEMITAN (Nantes), Grand Nancy, STIF (Paris), Toulouse Airport, Bordeaux (ParCub)
Los Angeles DOT, Denver DOT, Brampton, Rochester Transport Authority (USA)
Read more about the: Xerox® Mobility Marketplace Platform
- Frédéric Roulland will be presenting at the TISA (Traveller Information Services Association) annual meeting in Brussels on December 13th.
- Sofia Michel presented at the NIPS 2016 workshop on Machine Learning for Intelligent Transportation Systems. NIPS is the world's premier conference in artificial intelligence.
- XRCE was at the Smart Cities Congress in Barcelona, November 15th - 17th, 2016.
- Xerox launches the Mobility Companion Platform, a solution that gives travelers an integrated view of all transportation services available in a region. At the core of the solution, XRCE developed the unique multimodal trip planner engine.
- Xerox launches GoLA and GoDenver smart phone applications. The design of the application is grounded in the Work Practice studies of XRCE on the topic of sustainable commuting.
- The XRCE Multimodal Trip planner technology was presented at the European Intelligent Transport Systems congress 2016 in Glasgow.
- XRCE pilots vehicle passenger detection system at the French-Swiss border. Defining intelligent transport systems that can enforce vehicle occupancy is key to the development of resources dedicated to carpooling and Xerox is the only company having developed successfully this technology (see video on right).
- Xerox announces Seamless, a disruptive universal mobile payment solution. XRCE contributed to the invention of the payment mechanism.
- Research in data-driven mobility analytics was presented at the Intelligent Transport Systems Asia-Pacific Forum.
- XRCE presents its technology vision for urban mobility during French EcoCités annual meeting (See above video: Xerox Mobility Marketplace)
- Xerox launched the Mobility Analytics Platform, a unique analytics solution to understand and predict mobility patterns in cities. The solution developed at XRCE and leverages machine learning and data analytics.
- Xerox receives the International Parking Award for Excellence for LA Express Park: XRCE was the developer of the dynamic Price Engine at the core of the innovation of this intelligent transport system (See video on right).
- XRCE presented its Parking dynamic pricing engine and public transport micro-simulation in the Intelligent Transport Systems World Congress.